The Pin-Up Girl Soundtrack


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chapter Six



A/N: First and foremost, characters belong to Stephenie Meyer.

Rated: M


Chapter Six –

Since I was not in the mood to run the risk of infection, I headed straight from the Derby to L.A. General Hospital, where my father, Dr. Carlisle Cullen, was currently employed as the chief of staff. It was early Friday afternoon, so I was hoping that he would still be there making rounds.

I hopped out my convertible, passing by several nurses in the parking lot, smiling like I had something to be happy about.

You opened up more then the skin on your hand, Cullen. You opened up the biggest fucking can of worms that could either benefit you or blow up in your face.

I walked through a set of double doors into the cool, white sanitized building. The smell of bleach and alcohol assaulted the gentle lining of my nostrils, washing away any traces of Isabella’s sweetness that may have lingered a little too long in my olfactory senses.

I weaved my way through the hospital, making my way through a flight of stairs and two floors, until I came face-to-face with my father’s dark brown office door.

How was I supposed to explain this one to my father?

I knocked softly.

“Come in.” Who would know that such a simple phrase spoken by my father could be so consoling?

I opened the door, peaked my head around the door and grinned, “Good afternoon, Dad. I hope I’m not bothering you.”

My father looked up and greeted me with a smile. He stood up, walked around his desk with enthusiasm and held out his hand to shake mine, “What brings you to the hospital, Edward?”

This is when I began to feel like the shit-heel son I had become. I hadn’t seen or spoken to my parents in about two weeks, which was abnormal for me, so guilt began to flower in the pit of my stomach as my father pulled me into a hug.

He released me from his fatherly embrace and looked down at the odd way I held onto my right hand. “Son, what happened?”

“I broke a glass, nothing to worry about. Can you fix me in here? You know, without the nuisance of having the throngs of people out there knowing I’m here?”

“Edward, you’re famous, but don’t be an arrogant ass about it. Did you walk in yourself or did Heidi wrap a black bag around your head and walk you in? ” That was my father’s way of telling me I wasn’t as important as I seemed to think I was. My family always was there to push me off my pedestal. They kept me sane in a world of crazy.

“Is that a rhetorical question?” I cocked an eyebrow at him and laughed. My father was right. No one assaulted me on the way through the hospital. Some just stared like they knew me, nothing more.

“I can fix it here.” My father chuckled lightly, grabbing his black medical bag he kept in the corner of his office. He opened it up and began rooting through it with determination on his face. He continued, “Have you spoken to your brother or your sister?”

“I had had an uneventful conversation with Emmet last week, and I see Alice, every time I see Isabella. Why?” I replied as he began to disrobe the likes of my messy hand. I sat down in one of his high-backed brown leather chairs as he began his work. He took out a syringe of clear fluid, injecting the site of the deepest gash on my palm. I winced slightly as the burn travelled from the tip of the needle to my hand. Immediately the anesthetic began to take effect spreading over my hand, relieving the splintering burn that was beginning to spread to my wrist.

“I just wanted to know how my son-in-law was doing in Egypt. He’s been there for over a month.” My father assessed the condition of my hand with a skillful eye. He began to take small shards of glass out of my palm, dropping them in a small glass beaker on his desk.

My brother-in-law, Jasper Whitlock, was a director for Paramount Studios. He was a juggernaut in the film industry, currently working with Elizabeth Taylor in Egypt.

Jasper was the reason I became a photographer. He had me shooting the likes of Tallulah Bankhead as a favor for him back in ’44 for a public relations event when his hired photographer never showed up on the set of Alfred Hitchcock’s film Lifeboat, which was Ms. Bankhead’s most noteworthy role to date.

I had been taking pictures of famous faces ever since.

“Has Alice been keeping pretty busy with Isabella?”

There was a slight tug at my heart at the sound of her name. Pieces of my heart were chipping away every time I had to see Isabella with Jacob, every time I heard her name, every minute I was away from her, like the small glass shards that my father dropped into the beaker, one by one.

Plink. Plink. Plink.

It was like I wasn’t a whole man anymore.

I shrugged, playing off my inner torment, “Isabella is a busy lady, dad, so that means I’m sure Alice stays busy.”

“Your sister seems to think pretty highly of Isabella Swan, what do you think of her?” My father mused as he swabbed some molasses brown syrup over my numerous cuts.

I think she’s the perfect woman married to the not-so-perfect man.

“Dad, please, you know how I feel about Isabella. She’s just a-”

“Another model?” My father finished as he wrapped my wounds with fresh gauze. He continued, “Keep thinking that Edward. Keep thinking of her as a client. She’s a married woman. Married to Jacob, no less.”

I didn’t know what to say. Was he telling me to stay away from her? I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t stay away from her for more then a day’s time anymore.

He secured the last piece of tape on the gauze, than looked at me, a concerned expression crossing his face, “Alice told me about the way you look at her Edward.”

Holy hell, is it that obvious?

I probably looked like I needed to be committed to an asylum with the dumb look I had plastered to my face whenever Isabella was within the crosshairs of my sight.

Where were the straight jacket and the white rubber room?

“Dad, she’s a friend, like Jacob. Nothing more.” I hated telling my father half-truths. This is what I had resorted to, lying to my own father about how I felt, because I was not allowed to feel anything for her.

I need to be lobotomized.

“A friend like Jacob? Son, Jacob hasn’t been your friend since you introduced him to Isabella.” My father began to dutifully clean up his space.

“Jacob made it that way.”

Goddamn, I needed to have a cigarette.

“Are you sure about that, Edward? Are you sure it was him and not you?”

I ran my good hand through my locks. I was getting frustrated by constant questioning. Was I sure? Was I not sure? Dammit, I had never been so sure about anything in my whole fucking life. Jacob caused this strife. If it wasn’t for Jacob listening to his cock instead of doing what was right, I would be with Isabella and he would be…well, he would just be Jacob. Womanizing, drinking, partying fool, Jacob Black.

Remember, this was all you, Cullen. You did this. You were the one who wanted to see him happy.

I was a damn fool.

She liked you. Deep down you know that what happened between you and Isabella was ready to blossom into something so much more. And you had to make Jacob happy. You had to introduce them. Then that was it. You couldn’t stop the shit ball you had created from the snowball effect, than when it was too late, it hit you. Right in the goddamn face.

BAM!!!


He sat behind his large desk, interlocked his fingers and looked at me with fatherly concern. He continued, “Edward, don’t do anything you’re going to regret.”

The only regret I have, is not telling Isabella the truth about that night with Rose.

I smile reassuringly, “Don’t worry dad, I don’t do things I regret.”

There would be no more regrets. I made that promise the night of the wedding. The night I handed Isabella to Jacob on a silver fucking platter would be the only regret that haunted me. Ever.

“You know, Edward, I’ve never had to worry about you before.” He shook his head and grinned, “I guess I shouldn’t worry about you now, should I?”

No, you shouldn’t worry because I’m going to fix that one regret and make it right. Make it right for me and for Isabella. For us.

Getting out of the chair, I replied, “Thanks for the fix, dad.” I turned to leave, then looked back at him and smiled another reassuring smile, just for his peace of mind, more then anything, “No, don’t worry. I won’t do anything I’ll regret.”

I promise I would never regret Isabella. I promise to make it everything right.

With that, I left the warm comfort of his office, and sprinted down the hall. I had to get home. I had to call Isabella. And I had to see her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The glittering Hollywood skyline was painted in different hues of purple and blue watercolors, introducing the day to the night as I drove up the tree-lined street of Washington Avenue in the Hollywood Hills. I didn’t anticipate being gone as long as I had been after the visit to my father’s office, but aimless driving, seemingly cleared my head.

As I approached my winding concrete driveway, I made out two individuals.

One I knew. One dressed in a red waiter uniform.

What the hell?

I pulled my red convertible up the drive and cut the engine.

Isabella had changed her outfit since I saw her this afternoon. She was wearing a Suzy Perette cocktail dress in pintucked black taffeta and velvet, a pair of black stilettos, with a pair of black satin elbow length gloves caressing her arms. Her hair gently cascaded down her back in soft, chiffon like tendrils. A light dark grey wrap surrounded her beautiful porcelain shoulders. The shock of contrast between her white skin and the black dress was stunning.

The waiter stood patiently by her side as she tapped her foot against the red brick walkway.

Goddamn, the woman was so fine. Too fucking beautiful for her own good.

A ridiculous looking grin crossed my face. I just couldn’t help it. The woman made me smile. Without thinking, I hopped out of the convertible not bothering to use the driver’s side door. It was like someone shoved a firecracker up my ass and set it off.

I called out to her, “Isabella? Did I miss a meeting?”

As she spun around to meet me, the black taffeta of the skirt swirled around her like a veil of black smoke dancing around her gorgeous gams. Isabella’s dress flattered her figure beautifully with its scooped back and neckline.

Her radiant smile returned as she locked her gaze on mine, “Mr. Cullen,” she began.

Here we go with the ‘Mr. Cullen’. Damn woman, if you were mine, you would be out of that dress in the flutter of an angel’s heartbeat.

Isabella’s eyelashes fluttered flirtatiously as she continued, “Would you do me the honors of joining me for dinner tonight, since our lunch meeting was so rudely interrupted this afternoon?”

Oh, for the love of Pete, is she kidding?

The short, stubby waiter was holding a large silver portable oven in one arm and a bottle of red wine in the other.

“You must’ve been pretty certain I would say yes since you came prepared.”

Her magnificent cherry red lips curved into a seductive half moon, “I always come prepared, Mr. Cullen. Are we going to stand out here all night or do you have a key?”

Oh, holy hell. God strike me down right now if I’m reading too much into this.

Without thinking, I handed her my house key. She continued smiling that fucking seductive snarl that she saved for her photos as her dream-like gaze bore into my soul. She extended a gloved hand, palm up, motioning for the key. They suddenly felt like dead weight in my left hand. Without breaking her stare, I dropped them into her hand. She turned towards the door, letting herself into my house. My cock twitched slightly as I watched her sashay into the entryway.

Was I looking too much into this? Maybe I was. Maybe Isabella’s intentions were nothing but an innocent dinner she felt I deserved. The waiter caught my attention and smiled a big, toothy grin.

Nope, no need to read between the lines here, Cullen. Even the fucking waiter knows what’s happening tonight.

I motioned for the waiter to go ahead of me. I heard Isabella talking to him as he entered my expansive kitchen. “Aro, please put everything in the oven and set it to warm. I’ll take the wine.”

“Yes ma’am.” Aro responded as he handed her the bottle of wine.

I watched Isabella in disbelief, as she hurried her way through the kitchen, rummaging through my cabinets. “Aha! Victory!” Enthusiastic and proud of herself, she held up two crystal wine glasses. “Is this alright?”

“Yes, of course.” I waved a hand dismissively.

Holy shit, if she really is here to talk business, I’ll have to take several cold showers and begin writing a book on how to get rid of blue balls.

Aro scurried around the oven then looked over at Isabella attempting to open the bottle of wine, “May I, Ms. Swan?”

“Thank you Aro.” Aro popped the cork to the bottle and handed it back to her.

Isabella quickly poured two glasses and handed one to me. She looked back at Aro and hurried back to her clutch she had abandoned on the bar. With a swish of her dress she turned to meet Aro at the front door with a wad of green bills, “This will take car of the taxi as well, Aro. Thank you.”

“My pleasure, Ms. Swan.” Aro took one last look at me and smiled knowingly.

Let’s hope so, my friend.

Isabella turned towards me after she shut the front door. I heard the tumbler click and lock into its place, securing the door.

I never lock my front door. Oh, holy hell, I’m in trouble.

My inner, evil me was doing cartwheels.

Fuck YES!

I looked down at the small, etched crystal wine goblet Isabella handed to me and took a small sip of the red wine. The alcohol swished down the delicate lining of my throat. I wanted to throw the whole damn thing down, but showed a little more self-control then I thought I was possessing right then.

Isabella walked over to the phonograph, wine glass in hand, a half grin playing over her mouth as her forefinger grazed the spines of my records.

“Music, Mr. Cullen?”

“What are you doing Isabella?”

Goddamn, where the hell are my smokes?

I needed to keep my mouth and my other hand busy, so I wouldn’t rip that dress off of her ripe body. My breathing was becoming a little less then smooth as she watched me fumble for my cigarette box.

“I thought since you had that unfortunate accident at the restaurant today and lunch ended on such a sour note, that I would bring the Derby to you. Is that a crime, Edward?” She blinked innocently as she pulled out an album and placed it on the phonograph. The soft crackles of the shiny vinyl penetrated the phonograph speaker along with the sweet melody of Billie Holiday’s, You’re My Thrill.

My hands were beginning to shake so badly, I had to put my wine glass on the end table next to me.

Cigarettes? What cigarettes?

Isabella swallowed the rest of her red wine, set down the glass next to the phonograph and looked at me with a dreamy, provocative look that I knew only too well. The only exception was that tonight, she was doing it for me. And it wasn’t because I had a camera in my hand.

Her dress swished gently as she moved closer to me. I could smell her sweet breath as she stood no more then a foot away from me. I wanted to reach out and touch her because I knew where this was going. I knew what was about to happen. I had wanted this moment from the first time I laid eyes on her.

But a small piece of me was screaming to stop. That small piece was preventing me from putting my hands on her.

I didn’t want this to stop, though. I wanted this. Wanted her. Needed her. Needed her hands on me.

Married, Edward. Married to Jacob.

For the most part, I didn’t care.

Career down the toilet, Cullen.

I really didn’t care.

Flush, there it goes.

“What are you doing Isabella?” I asked again trying to regain some self-control.

“Call me Bella.” She replied in almost a whisper.

Sweet, holy hell, her voice…so low, so enrapturing.

It felt so good to hear her drunk-love voice tell me to call her Bella.

You’re far from dreaming, Cullen. This is real buddy.

I tried to concentrate on my ragged breathing as her hands slowly removed my grey wool jacket from my body.

“Bella, what are we doing?”

“Something we should have done a long time ago.” She simply responded throwing my jacket over the arm of the couch. She placed both of her hands on my quivering chest.

Oh…holy…hell…

“Edward, I made a mistake.” Bella’s eyes fluttered shut. Her breath began to come out in raspy, short whispers as she continued, “I should’ve told him no when he proposed. Why didn’t you stop me?”

I closed my eyes. I needed just to feel everything that I had wanted. Everything I had needed from her she was giving me. Electric currents were running through her fingertips as she caressed the thin white button down shirt that clung to my body, sending me into a different part of the universe. Our universe.

I pulled in more of her strawberry scent into my sinuses. It was an aphrodisiac I couldn’t resist.

“I thought it’s what you wanted.” I breathed as my shaky hands brushed against the velvet on the bodice of her dress.

My self-control was wavering as I pulled her in closer. Her face was inches from mine.

“Every time you snap my picture and I give you that look. The look. I pretend that it’s just you and I in the world, in that shot. I make believe that I am posing just for you. Not for Jacob, not for any man, but for you. It’s all for you, Edward.”

I let my fingers drink in every curve of her. The fabric of my pants began constrict my being. The longing in my loins began to burn slowly with every word that was coming out of her mouth.

Her pretty red mouth.

“Bella, I’m afraid…” I looked down at her face. I needed to see her. I needed her to mean everything she said. I needed to not be a regret she would hate in the morning. I was terrified that she would regret this when the sun came up.

“Edward, the only thing I’m afraid of is walking away from you right now.”

That’s all I needed. Those words were all I needed to push me off the cliff and dive head first into the ocean that was Isabella Swan.

My Isabella.

My Bella.

My everything.

Her hands found their way around my neck. She stroked the skin between the collar of my shirt and my hairline with her fingertips, coercing me to kiss her.

“Bella, please…” I was begging, pleading for her to either stop me or for her to continue pushing me. I didn’t know anymore. I had been loving her for too long to stop anything that was happening.

“Edward.” She whispered as she placed her finger to my lips, shushing me. Without even thinking I opened my mouth and took her long delicious finger between my parted lips.

She tasted as good as she smelled.

Her eyes fluttered open and there was that seductive smirk through her half closed lids. That grin sent me spiraling over the edge of the blade I was balancing on.

Oh, sweet heaven almighty, I’m going to pay for this.

My lips crashed into hers with such intense ferocity that it made me light headed. Those sweet lips molded to fit mine. A fit so perfect, it was like it was meant to be.

With every second that ticked by, the burning in the pit of my stomach had grown exponentially for the magnificent woman that was in front of me. Her hands feverishly yanked the buttons off my shirt one by one as my hands fumbled for the small zipper that had kept her dress attached to her. As I pulled the zipper, she stopped kissing me, took one step away from me, smiling slyly.
I didn’t want to stop touching her, but the way she held my gaze nailed me to where I stood, unmoving, just watching. She could’ve put my cock in my own hand and I would’ve just stood there, in awe.

She shed her gloves. My cock twitching in response to each glove peeling it’s way slowly down her arms.
One falling to the floor. One more drifting like a feather.

All I could do was stare. She was incredible. She had me hooked, like a love stoned dog. There could have been a goddamn earth-shattering catastrophe and I would have never noticed.

Bella peeled the light strips of black velvet from her alabaster shoulders, one at the time.

Holy hell, the woman was stripping for me.

Isabella let the dress fall into a shadowy cloud at her feet. She stepped out of the dress demurely and stood two feet in front of me. She stuck one painted fingernail into her mouth and giggled, “I seemed to have lost my dress, Mr. Cullen.”

She threw her head back and laughed. A laugh that was so free and so goddamn sexy, it sent chills over my flesh. My cock was hard, throbbing and holy shit, so ready for her. I was about to lose my mind. Everything about her screamed ‘fuck me!’

My eyes wandered from her black patent stilettos to the revealing black thigh highs held on snugly with a matching black garter, traveling over her beautiful tight abdomen to her full heaving breasts that were confined in black lace.

So goddamn lovely.

“Do you like what you see, Mr. Cullen?”

“You’re stunning.” I replied, love struck by her.

She motioned to me with her painted fingernail, biting at her lower lip with a coy expression dancing in her eyes. Like a magnet attracted to its gravitational pole, I floated over to her. She pulled my unbuttoned white shirt from my body sending it to the floor. As she pulled me into her wet, luscious lips, her bubblegum tongue began to trace my bottom lip. She was driving me insane. Little electric impulses ran through my bottom lip as her tongue swept back and forth.

My hands swept her curvaceous waist resting at the top of her hips. Her skin was on fire under my seeking hands. Kneading her hips, pulling her closer to me.

My kisses began to fall, one right after another, down the line of her jaw, sweeping down the curve of her neck, working my way to her chest.

I dropped to my knees in front of her, letting my hands drift to the lusciousness of her ass. I swept my lips over her abdomen. Every time I let my lips caress her skin, she would moan softly. Her breaths were short gasps now as I wrapped my arms around her waist. I allowed my hands to drink in the back of her stocking-covered thighs. My fingers lightly dug into her soft flesh. “Oh, Edward…,” she moaned as she grasped at the back of my neck.

I loved that she was calling my name. Every single time she opened her mouth and called my name was more affirmation that she belonged with me.

Isabella fisted my hair as I began to let my tongue sweep over her silky skin. Her hands peeled away my wife-beater undershirt and began feverishly kneading my skin. She wanted more, like she needed me as much as I needed her. Her exploring fingers began to push my head deeper into her stomach as she arched her back.

Every time I ran my tongue by her belly button, small goose bumps would appear. I smiled as I blew soft breaths underneath her naval making her collapse to her knees front of me.

Bella’s eyes met mine, “Lie down, Edward.”

Anything for you, Bella. You could tell me to run naked through the streets of Hollywood barking like a dog and I would do it.

I laid down on the white shag area rug in front of her, propping myself up on my elbows. My erection was screaming to be released from the confines of my trousers. Bella stood above me in her silk stockings and stilettos, assessing the crotch of my pants. A slow, sexy smile pulled at the corners of her lips teasing me. She bit her lower lip, bent over and yanked my belt off of me in one motion.

The soft light of the moon filtered through my living room windows, sending a soft, supple glow over Bella’s skin. She was radiating true beauty as she stood in her black silk stockings before me. I had never seen anything more lovely in all my life. She was the epitome of beauty as she stood there swinging my black belt from side-to-side. Bella bent over and began to strip my trousers from my body just as fast as she shed the belt. As she peeled my pants off, she dug her blood red fingernails into my thighs on the way down. I hissed through my teeth.

Goddamn, she was a fucking naughty, wicked little thing.

A smile permeated my features as she pulled my boxers from my skin, releasing the erection I had been harboring.

I watched intently as Bella straddled my legs seductively and locked my gaze with hers as she took the shaft into her hand. Before I knew it, her hot mouth was wrapped around my cock.

Oh my…sweet holy…

I groaned in immediate response to her touch, throwing my head back. I didn’t know how much more taunting and teasing I could take from her. I was completely naked and she was still half dressed.

And looking fucking amazing sucking on my cock.

I managed to pull my head back up off the floor because I needed to see her. I needed to swim in her chocolate brown eyes as she worked every inch of my body. With her warm, succulent mouth wrapped around my cock, her hands cupped my ass as my hips took on a mind of their own. The suction and the heat of her mouth were almost too much. I fisted her soft brown hair, pushing my cock into her mouth, deeper. And she, in return, greedily wanted more, pulling me into her as much as I could go.

Goddamn, I needed to touch her.

I sat up and pulled her into my lap, pulling her into another kiss. My tongue searching her hot mouth. My hands started to pull at her bra straps. I had to get it off of her. I had to touch her breasts, bring them to my mouth. I unfastened the bra and tossed it to the side with my belt. I licked my lips and took one of her aroused nipples into my mouth. I nipped and suckled until she was calling my name again, “Edward…oh Edward…” Her hands tangled through my hair as she pulled me deeper into her chest.

My fingers gravitated down towards her beautiful, wet pussy. Moving her black panties to the side, I shoved two fingers into her heat. There was a slight hitch in her breathing as I began to create small ministrations around her clit with my thumb as my fingers moved slowly in and out of her wet opening.

You are so fucking wet. So hot. So beautiful.

I couldn’t take anymore. She was just so lovely. I couldn’t quash my need for release anymore. I could feel her contracting around my fingers, so I knew she was close.

“I want you right now Bella.” I said laying her gently on the rug. I removed her heels, her garters, those beautiful silk stockings, and her panties as fast as I could without ripping them.

Because, holy hell, I wanted her to wear them again for me.

With that, her legs were wrapped around my waist, guiding me to my release.

“So beautiful. My Isabella.” I whispered. Crashing my lips into hers once more, her hips came up to meet mine.

As I plunged into her slowly, she pulled me into her deeper. With every thrust I could feel myself coming apart at the seams. As her nails tore into my back, I wanted the slashes to go deeper. I wanted her to know that I was hers forever. I wanted her marks on me signifying I was the one she wanted.

Bella’s eyes began to glisten under the moon’s beams as she once again, locked my gaze. Her whole body tightened underneath mine in release, “I love you, Edward.”

Everything in my being shattered with those four little words. It was like hearing an angel sigh.

“I have always loved you Isabella Marie Swan. And I always will.” I breathed releasing everything I had into her.

You are love-stoned, Cullen.

And I didn’t mind one bit, as Bella and I clung to one another in a sweaty heap on my living room floor, the moon cascading a waterfall of light onto our bodies.

1 comment:

  1. OOHH la-la!! Yowzers that was fuckhawt! and unexpected, I like it

    ReplyDelete